Good evening students and parents, this is Michael Notar, principal of Edgewood High School. This all call may be long, but I have a lot of information to share regarding some end of year events.
First, for our students in Grades 9-11:
- The Grades 9-11 Awards Assembly scheduled for June 1st at 6:30 PM has been postponed to date to be determined in the fall or when we return to school.
- All students in Grades 9-11 will keep their school owned Chromebooks throughout the summer rather than collecting them in early June.
- Textbook drop off and locker clean out will be on the following dates in the student parking lot.
- Juniors – June 3rd from 12:00-6:00
- Sophomores – June 4th from 12:00-6:00
- Freshmen – June 5th from 12:00-6:00
An all call will be made closer to those dates explaining the procedures and safety precautions that must be followed.
For our Seniors:
- Cap and Gown Pick up will be on Wednesday, May 6th from 10:00-12:00 in the student parking lot. Students will also be getting their Honors Medals for obtaining an Honors Diploma, Gray Cord for Community Service Hours and NHS sashes for being in National Honor Society. Top ten cords will be handed out at the conclusion of the last grading period.
- Administration and BEA members will be delivering and placing in the yards of every senior, Senior Signs, that our BEA Teacher’s Union bought for every graduating senior.
- The Senior Awards ceremony for May 28th has been cancelled. Edgewood Administration will be putting together a video honoring those seniors that received various scholarships and academic awards. This will be posted on various Edgewood social media the first week of June so every student and family can see.
- A senior parade will be held on Sunday, May 31st beginning at 10:00 AM. Senior students will meet at 9:30 AM in the mall parking to decorate their cars. The parade will begin promptly at 10:00 AM and led by law enforcement. More information will be sent home regarding the route of the parade.
- Chromebooks, Textbooks and Locker Clean out for seniors will be on Tuesday, June 2nd from 12:00-6:00 in the student parking lot.
An all call will be made closer to that date explaining the procedures and safety precautions that must be followed
- Prom scheduled for May 8th has been rescheduled for July 30th at the same location in hope that we will be permitted by then. But, please keep in mind that this may be cancelled closer to the date based upon Governor DeWine’s orders.
Commencement will be on June 29th, 30th and July 1st from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Each senior student will be given a 10 minute time slot on one of those dates where they will be able to drive their car into Corlew Stadium with their parents to the 50 yard line. The student will be able to get out of their car, walk across a stage in their cap and gown and receive their diploma while their name is read on the PA system. Seniors will also receive any academic awards and scholarships. Individual photos will be taken, as well as a photo with their parents. When completed, the student and their family will exit the stadium in their car and the next student will be able to drive in to be honored. Mrs. Nesbitt, our Multi-Media teacher, will video me, our superintendent and our senior speakers voted on by the students presenting their speeches, as well as video the receiving of each students diploma and put together a Commencement video that will be put on all Edgewood social media sites. This process meets all requirements by keeping attendance under 10 people and maintaining social distance guidelines. More information will be sent home in the mail regarding the process and each student’s date and time slot.